Speak at our monthly meetups in Modena or online
The Italian C++ Community has organized monthly meetups in Modena since 2017.
Due to the Covid-19 emergency, we are currently organizing hybrid meetups. The meetups are physically hosted at MakeIt Modena and can accommodate up to 15 people (due to the current Covid-19 regulations).
Basically, hosting “hybrid” meetups means that:
- up to 15 people attend in person (green pass and face mask are mandatory);
- the speaker can be either in person or remote;
- the session gets live on YouTube. Also, a Slack channel is dedicated for interacting online during and after the session.
The meetup starts at 6:30 PM (GMT+1), with 1-hour technical session starting at 7 PM. After the session, the attendees on site go to a pizzeria nearby, dining all together and having some networking.
We welcome any session format!
The most popular meetup formats we have hosted up to now are:
- technical session (classical frontal session)
- workshop (the speaker facilitates a practical session where people will put their hands on some code)
- moderated round-table (the speaker moderates an interactive session to debate about a specific topic by asking questions to the audience)
- live coding (a structured “no-slides” talk)
For other formats, please choose “Other” and drop some lines in the notes.
As soon as we receive a proposal for a certain date, we reserve that date for the speaker who have submitted the proposal. The date is not 100% binding: we usually meet every 2nd Thursday of each month, but we are flexible to change with some notice.